In this tutorial, we will show you how to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 9 devices is really easy you can follow my guide step by step.
Unlocking the device’s bootloader comes with quite a few advantages. To begin with, you could try out tons of custom ROMs and root that will give your device a completely new outlook, totally different from MIUI. Likewise, you could get administrative authority by rooting your device via MAgisk.
Why Bootloader is locked now Chinese companies started to lock the bootloader. It helps the company and users to keep away from malpractices done by some retailers. They usually install malware or some illegal code and custom recovery and more that devalues the user experience.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 9
Make a complete backup of your device. This is because the unlocking bootloader wipes all the data on your Xiaomi device.
- Download and install Latest Version MI Unlock Tool on your PC.
STEP 1: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
- Enable (USB Debugging). Go to Settings. Then go to About Phone and tap on MIUI Version for 7 times.
- Then again head to Settings> More> Developer Options> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 2: Bind your Account to your Redmi Device
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on the Add account and device option and follow the on-screen instructions that follow. If you get the message “Added successfully.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 9
- Power off your device. Then press the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds. This will reboot your device to Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via Good USB cable.
- Now Launch the Mi Unlock Tool and sign with your credentials.
- Now Click on the Unlock button, The process will now begin and will take a few minutes, after which you should see the Unlocked Success message
Congrats! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 9.